Saturday, October 25, 2014

Dating and Defining Love

One thing that came to mind this week for me--- I am glad I am not in the dating phase of life!  Don't get me wrong, I loved it when I was in it 22 years ago. I am just happy that I have found the love of my life, Brian, through dating him in many variety of activities.  We hiked, picnicked, watch movies, barbecued, played cards and games with my parents many times, took a couple trips to Utah to see family, went to sporting events, out to dinner, and the list goes on.  I really enjoy getting to know Brian through many activities. 
I liked class this week because I could now look back at my situation and listen to my classmates talking about their dating situations and realize time passes, but much of the same concerns exist. 

We also talked about what defines love.  We came to the realization that there are many degrees of love and many different kinds of love.  I love my spouse because I feel like we include all aspects of love whether it's looking out for each other, a best friend kind of love and a passionate love.  He encompasses what I need.  Besides, how could one not love Brian!  I'm lucky he's mine!

1 comment: